Workout Etiquette and COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The JCC Fitness Centre is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment to our members and staff. For everyone’s safety, please adhere to the following protocols. Any member not following these protocols will be asked to leave.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before exercising.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, fever, or difficulty breathing, we ask that you STAY HOME. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone displaying symptoms
- Sanitizer will be available throughout the facility
- Physical distancing of 2 meters are mandatory for staff & members
- Do not share equipment between sets – equipment must be cleaned before allowing another user
- Be aware if a member is waiting for their turn on equipment
- Cleaning of equipment after use is mandatory. Please use spray bottle and paper towel
- Strict “1-Machine-Away” rule in place; members are not permitted to use “closed” equipment
- Please NO TOUCHING of members or staff. No high five’s, fist bumps or handshakes.
- Clean any equipment you have used
- If you are using dumbells or accessories please clean them and leave in your workout zone
- ALL equipment, including spray bottles, weights, etc. will be cleaned and sanitized between workouts by staff. We have planned for 30min cleaning rotations to thoroughly disinfect before the next booking time
- Take all personal belongings with you
- Return spray bottle and paper towel to designated “dirty spray bottle” bin
- Wash or sanitize your hands
- Exit the building
Please follow all signage and RESPECT the guidance of our staff. Following all instructions will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I drop in to the Fitness Center?
No, bookings are mandatory.
Are guests permitted?
No, no guests permitted.
How many times a week can I have access to the Fitness Center?
Members are permitted to pre-book in to the Fitness Center 2-3x per week (max 60min)
Members are allowed to book additional last minute sessions day of due to availability
Will there be first aid onsite?
Yes, first aid will be onsite during opening hours
Will there be towel service?
No, towels will NOT be available
Are members required to workout with gloves and a mask?
No, members are not required to workout with gloves and masks. However they are welcome to do so if they choose.
What happens when I see a member not following the J’s social distancing rules?
Members not following social/physical distancing rules will be asked to leave immediately. Please let staff know if Members are not abiding by the rules.
What cleaning products is the JCC using to disinfect high touch point areas?
The disinfectants used in the facility are envirosolutions es64 and eco lab general purpose disinfectant. Es64 in the fitness and common areas. Ecolab in the change rooms/spas and likely pool deck. Both are certified with health Canada to kill Coronavirus.
What about air quality?
We are extremely lucky to have many windows in the Fitness Centre. We have turned off the HVAC system and will have all windows open for airflow. Under advice of Vancouver Coastal Health, all the equipment is now facing a wall or towards the windows. This minimizes participants breathing on/towards each other.
Do I have to be right on time for the start of my booking time slot?
We encourage members to come at the start of their time slot. Time will NOT be extended if you are late.