JCC Aquatics Swimming Lesson Guidelines – Summer 2021
At-A Glance Details:
- Reduced class sizes
- Enhanced sanitizing of all high touch surfaces in between classes
- All preschool privates, and Swim Kids 1, 2, 3, 4 will require parent participation in water
- All lesson participants must have a cleansing shower prior to the lesson
Group Class Registration: we are excited to be able to offer a variety of aquatic programming for children, youth, and adults this summer! Check out all the offerings on the Aquatics page
Private Lesson Registration: A selection of private classes will be available for preschool, and school aged children. Reserve your spot through our portal below. Someone from the pool office will follow up to confirm all private lesson bookings and to arrange payment for lesson fees. Participants signed up for preschool private lessons (ages 3-5yrs), or Swim Kid levels 1-4 will require a parent in the water to ensure safety and assist in any hands-on aspect of the lesson.
Private Lesson Reservation Portal
Please Note: group classes for preschool levels (Turtle/Guppy/Dolphin/Shark/Octopus) are not available at this time.
- We recommend that you arrive wearing your bathing suit in order to reduce time needed to change
- Masks are required in common spaces (hallways etc.), including the changerooms
- Before coming onto the pool deck all swimmers must take a cleansing shower with soap for at least 1 minute
- We recommend taking the opportunity to use the toilet before the lesson as well.
- Participants signed up for preschool private lessons, or Swim Kid levels 1-4 will require a parent in the water to ensure safety and assist in any hands-on aspect of the lesson.
- Pool space for each lesson will be designated and divided. Participants will be encouraged to maintain physical distancing.
- Loaning of spare goggles will not available
- We recommend you fill a water bottle at home. However, paper drinking cups for the fountain will be available
- To reduce the number of people in the J, parents are not able to watch the lessons at this time
- Class participants will be given 15 minutes to dry off and change in the changerooms after class
- We recommend that swimmers shower at home after their lesson to reduce the time they are in the changeroom shared space
- Reminder: masks are required in the changeroom, and in common spaces (hallways etc.) on your way to the exit