In accordance with the latest BC Provincial Health Guidelines
By Order of the PHO – As of October 24 Proof of being Fully vaccinated (with 2 doses) will be required for those 12 years & older to access the JCC.
We appreciate your patience as we roll out a system for accessing the JCC in compliance with the current Provincial Health Order.
ACCESS TO THE JCC
Applies to all members, program participants, guests, tenants and staff.
Effective September 13, individuals 12 years and older (born in 2009 and prior) must have received at least one dose of a Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, and be fully vaccinated by October 24.
There will be no exceptions.
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR PROOF OF VACCINATION
As per the Province of British Columbia’s Proof of Vaccination Order, you may currently use one of three methods for proof of vaccination:
- Access your BC Vaccine Card and get detailed information through the Government Website
- Call: 1-833-838-2323, seven days a week, 7 am to 7 pm to request your card to be mailed to you.
- Until Sept. 26, you can also use your COVID-19 Immunization Record Card received at the immunization clinic as proof of vaccination. After Sept. 26 only BC Vaccine Cards will be accepted.
Fully vaccinated members will only have to show proof of Vaccination once. When you check in at the security booth JCC staff will verify your Proof of Vaccination and add a decal to your membership card. Please make sure to bring it on your next visit to the J.WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Members who have questions related to access to the JCC please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mask Policy: Effective Wednesday, August 25
- Masks REQUIRED while not actively engaged in physical activity
(for example: resting between sets, moving between pieces of equipment)
- Masks OPTIONAL while actively engaged in physical activity, except for noted session times.
- Masks REQUIRED at all times Mon -Thu 11:30am and 2:00pm sessions
IN-PERSON FITNESS CLASSES
- Masks Optional in Fitness Classes once settled in personal zone
Click for Schedule
- Masks optional for clients in studios
- Clients will be required to follow the Mask policy while in the Fitness Centre
• Increased capacity during Member Lane Swim and Waterworks
• All swimmers still MUST BOOK a lane spot to swim
• Members will be sharing lanes and self-regulate physical distancing
• Select Lockers available
• Select equipment available: kick boards, noodles etc.
• Masks REQUIRED on Pool Deck and in Change Rooms
Full or half gym available for programs and rentals: groups of up to 50 in the full gym and up to 25 in half the gym. Masks optional. No spectators. Contact us
The Norman & Annette Rothstein Theatre is available for booking with up to 50 seated audience members and for video and live streamed events, including public and private shows and screenings. Contact us
The library is open for browsing, borrowing & computer use Mon-Thu 10-6 and Sun 10-1. No appointments necessary.
The gallery will begin holding events with up to 25 people. No appointments necessary to view the exhibitions. Contact us
Bagel Club Social Club will resume in-person get-togethers weekly on Sundays and twice a month on Wednesdays. Art Hive will continue to meet in small groups on Tuesdays. Contact us
We are excited to welcome Daycare parents into the playground during drop off and pick up. All other COVID-19 protocols remain in place.
Some things are not changing yet.
- JCC hours remain the same
- Wearing a mask is required in the common areas of the building. Mask policy may vary for different programs and activities.
- Pre-booking is required for fitness and swim sessions
- Maintaining social distancing still recommended
- Avoid using the J facilities if you feel sick or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.