EDUCATE. ENGAGE. TRAIN. SUPPORT.
The JCC movement understands and defines inclusion as a set of practices, rooted in the belief of the inherent dignity and worth of the individual, designed to yield a culture in which everyone feels welcomed, valued, respected, and heard.
Vision of Inclusion
The JCC Inclusion Services recognizes that diverse needs come in various forms: physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing. We seek to include all members within our diverse community from preschool to seniors. We are committed to a community where all individuals are valued for who they are and the gifts they possess. We believe in giving everyone their opportunity to shine.
Inclusion Services reflects the values of Jewish Life:
- Derech Eretz – respectful behavior
- Chesed – compassion
- K’vod Habriot – encouraging dignity for all
- Tikkun Olam – repairing the world, making it a more connected place
Mission: Removing Barriers and Creating Choice
The JCC Inclusion Services has a mission to educate, engage, train and support members with diverse needs and their families in our community.
- Educate through parent, youth and family education programs
- Engage through adapting the physical, attitudinal, conversational and social environment so that all members may participate on an equal basis
- Train through vocational, educational and social programs
- Support through mentorship, social participation, recreational activities, advocacy, integration.