JCC Fitness Centre Re-opening July Updates
- 6 time slots (M/W/F) 8 time slots (T/Th) with 15min cleaning
- Universal equipment is now OPEN
- Teens under 19 years may now book sessions (protocols in place)
- Personal Training available in-person
- Sessions can be booked online last minute
- Simulcast Fitness Classes available
- Extended Hours Tue/Thur
Hours of Operation:
Fitness Center Booking Procedures:
- Workout time is a maximum of 60min with 15min transitions for staff cleaning
- Booking mandatory through jccgv.com
- Bookings can be made up to 72 hours in advance
- Members may pre-book up to 3x/week
- Last minute bookings can be made the same day if available
- No guests permitted
Fitness Center Booking Procedures (under 19 years) or Dependents:
All members under 19 yrs or “Dependent Member category” must:
- Email the Booking team to request a session firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email a completed Waiver to the booking team, waiver must be signed by self and Parent/Guardian prior to appointment being confirmed.
- Age 15+ can come without a parent
- Age 12+ must have completed an orientation AND come with a parent.(we are not offering orientations at this time) – please request a spot for each a parent and a participant
- Variety of Cardio machines
- Alternating equipment denoted with a “STOP” sign will be off limits to enforce social/physical distancing
- Designated workout zones will be equipped with a bench and a mat,
- Participants will be allowed to choose other equipment to bring into their workout space
- Some equipment will not be available
- Universal weight machines ARE now available
- Members get a choice of station at a first come, first serve basis.
- Cancellations must be made 8 hours prior to booking time
- If cancelling within 8hrs please email email@example.com a cancellation fee of $15 will be applied to your account
- Individuals who do not keep their reservations, and neglect to cancel, will incur a $25 fee.
EXCEPT: fee will be waived in case of a medical emergency, or if the individual cancelling or immediate family are experiencing COVID type symptoms – please be specific when you contact the JCC
Group Classes: Simulcast classes
- 3 Weekly fitness classes have resumed using the Wosk auditorium, and also being scheduled via Zoom
- Participant max = 12, marked workout areas, limited equipment usage (black mats and exercise tubes to begin)
- Participant Book Your Session online
- Regularly scheduled live Zoom classes will continue online. Visit onlyatthej.com for details.
Personal Training: Virtual and In-person
- Personal training is offered in the Studios in zoned sections.
- Limited Personal trainer/client spots being offered in the Fitness Centre
- Personal training will also continue virtual
Member Check-In/Entry Procedure Front Doors (refer to Building Access Guidelines)
- Arrive approximately 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled workout to allow for adequate time to enter the building
- Additional time will not be given if participants are late
- Early access will not be permitted into the Fitness Centre
Member Check-In/Entry Procedure Fitness Centre Doors:
- Access to the Fitness Centre will be by means of the North circular stairwell (access towards the Holocaust Centre)
- Members are required to wait in the hallway outside the Fitness Centre, as designated by social distancing signage, until Fitness Staff directs them in
- Upon entering the Fitness Centre each member will choose a numbered spray bottle and paper towel from a cubby and place any personal items in the same cubby
- Member will chose a workout zone or cardio equipment – first come first serve
- Washroom in Fitness Center will be available for Hand Washing only
- Washrooms for full usage will be available in the hallway by the elevator doors
- Showering facilities and change rooms will not be available to Fitness Centre users
- Members are advised to leave all personal belongings at home and to only come with what is needed for their workout
- Towel service will NOT be available, all members are asked to bring their own
- Touchless water bottle fill stations will be available, but the water fountains will NOT be available
- Everyone will exit the Fitness Center through the back doors leading to the amphitheater
- Members will be asked to leave the building premise right after their workout, no socializing/tailgating please
- Before exiting the building please return spray bottles and paper towels to “dirty spray bottle” bins and remove your belongings
COVID-19 FITNESS CENTER ETIQUETTE AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The JCC Fitness Center is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment to our Members and staff. In order to keep everyone safe, we have developed a set of strict guidelines. Any member not adhering to the new guidelines will be asked to leave immediately.
- Wash your hands with disinfectant soap and water for at least 20 seconds before exercising.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so in a tissue or in your sleeve, dispose of it then wash your hands before resuming, and sanitize nearby equipment.
- Avoid touching door handles and other objects
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, fever, or difficulty breathing, we ask that you STAY HOME. We reserve the right to refuse entry into our facility to anyone displaying symptoms
- Sanitizer will be available throughout the facility and centre
- Physical distancing requirements of 2 meters are mandatory for everyone: staff & members
- Do not share equipment between sets – equipment must be cleaned before allowing another user
- Be aware if a member is waiting for their turn with machines and equipment
- Mandatory cleaning of equipment after use using spray bottle and paper towel
- Strict “1-Machine-Away” rule in place; members are not permitted to use “closed” equipment
- Please NO TOUCHING of members or staff. No high five’s, fist bumps or handshakes.
- Clean any equipment that you have used
- If you are using dumbells or accessories please clean them and then leave them in your workout zone
- ALL equipment, including spray bottles, weights, etc. will be cleaned and sanitized between workout bookings by staff. We have planned for 30min cleaning rotations to thoroughly disinfect before the next booking time
- Take all personal belongings with you
- Return spray bottle and paper towel to designated “dirty spray bottle” bin
- Wash or sanitize your hands
- Exit the building
Please follow all signage and RESPECT the guidance of our staff. Following all instructions will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
“On behalf of the entire Fitness team we are thrilled to open our doors and have some of you back in the facility. We look forward to seeing you soon”
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I drop in to the Fitness Center?
No, bookings are mandatory.
Are guests permitted?
No, no guests permitted.
How many times a week can I have access to the Fitness Center?
Members are permitted to pre-book in to the Fitness Center 2-3x per week (max 60min)
Members are allowed to book additional last minute sessions day of due to availability
Will there be first aid onsite?
Yes, first aid will be onsite during opening hours
What facilities (washrooms/showers) will be available?
No shower facilities will be available
Washroom facilities in the Fitness Center will be open for handwashing only.
Washroom facilities are available near the holocaust centre (members are encouraged to use washrooms prior to coming to the JCC).
Will there be towel service?
No, towels will NOT be available
Are members required to workout with gloves and a mask?
No, members are not required to workout with gloves and masks. However they are welcome to do so if they choose.
What happens when I see a member not following the J’s social distancing rules?
Members not following social/physical distancing rules will be asked to leave the J immediately. Please let staff know if Members are not abiding by the rules.
What cleaning products is the JCC using to disinfect high touch point areas?
The disinfectants used in the facility are envirosolutions es64 and eco lab general purpose disinfectant. Es64 in the fitness and common areas. Ecolab in the change rooms/spas and likely pool deck. Both are certified with health Canada to kill covid.
What about air quality?
We are extremely lucky to have lots of windows available in the Fitness Centre. We have turned off the HVAC system and will have all windows open for airflow. Under advice of Vancouver Coastal Health, all the equipment is now facing a wall or towards the windows. This minimizes participants breathing on/towards each other.
Do I have to be right on time for the start of my booking time slot?
We encourage members to come at the start of their booking time slot to take advantage of time. Time will NOT be extended if you are late.
I am unfamiliar with the JCC Online Booking system, where can I find more information?
Please visit Book Your Session web page for instructions and “How To” video. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org