JCC Fitness Centre COVID-19 Procedures
Booking Your Workout at the Fitness Centre:
- Workout time is a maximum of 60min with 15min transitions for staff cleaning
- Booking mandatory through jccgv.com
- Bookings can be made up to 72 hours in advance
- Members may pre-book up to 3x/week
- Same day bookings can be made, space permitting
- Back to back sessions may only be made at the start of the second session, space permitting
- No guests permitted
Booking for Members or Dependents under 19 yrs:
- Email the Booking team to request a session firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email a completed Waiver to the booking team. Must be signed by self and Parent/Guardian prior to appointment being confirmed.
- Age 14+ can come without a parent ( if they have previously completed a JCC Fitness Centre Orientation)
- Age 13 must come with a parent (please request a spot for each a parent and a participant).
For more detailed information on our age policy please visit Teen Fitness Page
- Alternating equipment denoted with a “STOP” sign will be off limits to enforce social/physical distancing
- Designated workout zones and equipment are first come, first served.
- Some equipment will not be available
- Universal weight machines ARE available
- Cancellations must be made 8 hours prior to booking time
- If cancelling within 8hrs please email email@example.com a cancellation fee of $15 will apply
- Individuals who do not keep their reservations, and neglect to cancel, will incur a $25 fee.
EXCEPT: fee will be waived in case of a medical emergency, or if the individual cancelling or immediate family are experiencing COVID type symptoms – please be specific when you contact the JCC
- Fitness classes have resumed following physical distancing protocols with marked workout areas, limited equipment usage
- Participants need to Book Your Session online
- Regularly scheduled live Zoom classes will continue online. Visit onlyatthej.com for details.
- Offered in the Studios in zoned sections.
- Limited Personal trainer/client spots offered in the Fitness Centre
- Virtual Personal Training is available
Member Check-In/Entry (refer to Building Access Guidelines)
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled workout to allow time for Front door check-in
- Additional time will not be given if participants are late
- Early access into the Fitness Centre will not be permitted
- Access to the Fitness Centre will be via North circular stairwell (leading to the Holocaust Centre)
- Members are asked to wait in the hallway outside the Fitness Centre, as per social distancing signage, until directed in by Staff
- Upon entering the Fitness Centre each member will choose a numbered spray bottle and paper towel from a cubby and place any personal items in the same cubby
- Member will chose a workout zone or cardio equipment – first come first served
- 1 washroom in the Fitness Center available for full usage
- 1 washroom available for Hand Washing only
- Additional washrooms for full usage available in the hallway by the elevator
- Showers/ change rooms will not be available to Fitness Centre users
- Members are advised to leave all personal belongings at home and to come with what is needed for their workout only
- Towel service will NOT be available, all members are asked to bring their own
- Touchless water bottle fill stations will be available, but the water fountains will NOT be available
- Everyone will exit the Fitness Center through the back doors leading to the amphitheater
- Members will be asked to leave the building right after their workout, no socializing/tailgating please
- Before leaving please return spray bottles and paper towels to “dirty spray bottle” bins and remove your belongings
Workout Etiquette – COVID-19 Safety Protocols & FAQs