JCC Fitness Centre COVID-19 Procedures
NEW: MANDATORY MASK REQUIREMENT
Masks are now mandatory at all times in the: Fitness Centre, group fitness classes and in shared personal training studios, including when on a machine or exercising. We understand that it can be uncomfortable to wear a mask while working out but this is the only way that each person in our facility can feel safe.
Please note: we do NOT recommend high-intensity exercise while wearing a mask.
Booking Your Workout at the Fitness Centre:
- Booking is mandatory through Book Your Session or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookings can be made up to 72 hours in advance
- Members may pre-book up to 3x/week
- Same day bookings can be made, space permitting
- To attend more than one session in a day, please inquire at the member desk at the beginning of your second session
- Fitness Centre workout sessions are a maximum of 60min with 15min transitions for staff cleaning
- No guests permitted
Booking for Members or Dependents under 19 yrs:
- Email the Booking team to request a session email@example.com
- Email a completed Waiver to the booking team. Must be signed by self and Parent/Guardian prior to appointment being confirmed.
- Age 14+ can come without a parent ( if they have previously completed a JCC Fitness Centre Orientation)
- Age 13 must come with a parent (please request a spot for each a parent and a participant).
For more detailed information on our age policy please visit Teen Fitness Page
- Participants must wipe equipment prior to and after using equipment
- No sharing of equipment during classes
- Alternating equipment denoted with a “STOP” sign will be off limits to enforce social/physical distancing
- Designated workout zones are first come, first served. Only one person per workout zone.
- Some equipment will not be available
- Cancellations must be made 8 hours prior to booking time
- If cancelling within 8hrs please email firstname.lastname@example.org a cancellation fee of $15 will apply
- Individuals who do not keep their reservations, and neglect to cancel, will incur a $25 fee.
EXCEPT: fee will be waived in case of a medical emergency, or if the individual cancelling or immediate family are experiencing COVID type symptoms – please be specific when you contact the JCC
- Offered in the Studios in zoned sections.
- Limited Personal trainer/client spots offered in the Fitness Centre
- Virtual Personal Training is available
Member Check-In/Entry (refer to Building Access Guidelines)
- Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to scheduled workout to allow time for Front door check-in
- Additional time will not be given if participants are late
- Access to Group Classes will begin 5-10min prior to class
- Members are asked to wait in the hallway outside the Fitness Centre, as per social distancing signage, until directed in by Staff
- Upon entering the Fitness Centre / Group Fitness Class studio each member will choose a spray bottle and towel from a cubby and place any personal items in the same cubby
- Members are advised to come dressed ready for their exercise session
- Washrooms in the Fitness Center are available
- Additional washrooms for full usage available in the hallway by the elevator
- Showers/ change rooms will not be available to Fitness Centre/ Group Class users
- Members are advised to leave all personal belongings at home and to come with what is needed for their workout only
- Towel service will NOT be available, all members are asked to bring their own
- Touchless water bottle fill stations will be available, but the water fountains will NOT be available
- Members will be asked to leave the building right after their workout, no socializing/tailgating please
- Before leaving please return spray bottles and paper towels to “dirty spray bottle” bins and remove your belongings
- Fitness Center: Exit through the back doors leading to the amphitheater
- Group Classes in Auditorium: Exit via side door
Workout Etiquette – COVID-19 Safety Protocols & FAQs