JCC Fitness Centre COVID-19 Procedures
NEW MASK REQUIREMENTS – Effective Wednesday, August 25
Masks continue to be MANDATORY in ALL COMMON AREAS, and during MANDATORY MASK SESSIONS in the Fitness Centre. Updates to Masks requirements in Fitness programs are shown below.
- Masks REQUIRED while not actively engaged in physical activity
(for example: resting between sets, moving between pieces of equipment)
- Masks OPTIONAL while actively engaged in physical activity, except for noted session times.
- Masks REQUIRED at all times Mon -Thu 11:30am and 2:00pm sessions
IN-PERSON FITNESS CLASSES
- Masks Optional in Fitness Classes once settled in personal zone
- Masks optional for clients in studios
- Clients will be required to follow the Mask policy while in the Fitness Centre
Booking Your Workout at the Fitness Centre:
- Booking is mandatory through Book Your Session or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookings can be made up to 72 hours in advance
- Members may pre-book up to 3x/week
- Same day bookings can be made, space permitting
- To attend more than one session in a day, please inquire at the member desk at the beginning of your second session
- Fitness Centre workout sessions are a maximum of 60min with 15min transitions for staff cleaning
- No guests permitted
Booking for Members or Dependents under 19 yrs:
- Email a completed Waiver to the booking team. Must be signed by self and Parent/Guardian prior to appointment being confirmed.
- Age 14+ can come without a parent ( if they have previously completed a JCC Fitness Centre Orientation)
- Age 13 must come with a parent (please request a spot for each a parent and a participant).
For more detailed information on our age policy please visit Teen Fitness Page
- Participants must wipe equipment prior to and after using equipment
- No sharing of equipment during classes
- Alternating equipment denoted with a “STOP” sign will be off limits to enforce social/physical distancing
- Designated workout zones are first come, first served. Only one person per workout zone.
- Some equipment will not be available
- Cancellations must be made 8 hours prior to booking time
- If cancelling within 8hrs please email email@example.com a cancellation fee of $15 will apply
- Individuals who do not keep their reservations, and neglect to cancel, will incur a $25 fee.
EXCEPT: fee will be waived in case of a medical emergency, or if the individual cancelling or immediate family are experiencing COVID type symptoms – please be specific when you contact the JCC
- Offered in the Studios in zoned sections.
- Limited Personal trainer/client spots offered in the Fitness Centre
- Virtual Personal Training is available
Member Check-In/Entry (refer to Building Access Guidelines)
- Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to scheduled workout to allow time for Front door check-in
- Additional time will not be given if participants are late
- Access to Group Classes will begin 5-10min prior to class
- Members are asked to wait in the hallway outside the Fitness Centre, as per social distancing signage, until directed in by Staff
- Upon entering the Fitness Centre / Group Fitness Class studio each member will choose a spray bottle and towel from a cubby and place any personal items in the same cubby
- Members are advised to come dressed ready for their exercise session
- Washrooms in the Fitness Center are available
- Additional washrooms for full usage available in the hallway by the elevator
- Showers/ change rooms will not be available to Fitness Centre/ Group Class users
- Members are advised to leave all personal belongings at home and to come with what is needed for their workout only
- Towel service will NOT be available, all members are asked to bring their own
- Touchless water bottle fill stations will be available, but the water fountains will NOT be available
- Members will be asked to leave the building right after their workout, no socializing/tailgating please
- Before leaving please return spray bottles and paper towels to “dirty spray bottle” bins and remove your belongings
- Fitness Center: Exit through the back doors leading to the amphitheater
- Group Classes in Auditorium: Exit via side door
Workout Etiquette – COVID-19 Safety Protocols & FAQs