JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTRE OF GREATER VANCOUVER
950 WEST 41ST AVENUE
VANCOUVER, BC V5Z 2N7
Early Childhood Educator
Are you interested in working in a Reggio inspired, play-based environment? The Jewish Community Centre is looking for an exceptional early childhood educator to join our daycare team.
You must have:
• An ECE certificate
• First Aid
• Experience in a licensed early childhood setting
• Innovative ideas about learning through play environments and emergent curriculum
• Bountiful energy and enthusiasm
• Providing for the safety and well-being of children
• Guiding and caring in a positive and compassionate way
• Responsive program planning, implementation and evaluation
• Developing professional relationships with parents
The starting salary is negotiable depending on experience. Full benefits are included (access to fitness centre and pool, vacation, pension, medical, dental, extended health). This full time position is 7.5 hours a day, 5 days a week. The start date is also negotiable.
If you are interested in joining a diverse team of dedicated educators who provide quality care and education with an emphasis on Judaic culture for families of all backgrounds, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Susan Hoppenfeld, Director of Early Childhood Education
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
JCC Youth Outreach Coordinator
Department: JCCGV Teen Department Reports to: Director of Children, Youth & Camps
Overall Responsibility: Part time (20 hours a week) the youth outreach coordinator will focus on programs that generate engagement and create meaningful connections with and for teens and young adult s ages 12 – 21 in our community. Bringing programs into the non-Jewish high schools, communicating through social media and being an active staff within the JCC teen department, the youth outreach coordinator will liaison with all agencies working with youth.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Work collaboratively with day schools, synagogues and other community agencies. Plan and schedule youth activities in collaboration with community organizations.
• Seek out and connect with youth, with emphasis on finding unaffiliated teens.
• Supervise the Chill Chat program for peer mentors.
• Provide support and materials for Jewish clubs in public or non-Jewish high schools
• Maintain and update JCC Teen website with the aim to draw more traffic.
• Provide youth with information and assist them to access educational, employment, social and recreational opportunities that will engage and empower them.
• Identify and privde support to youth who are at risk or who are struggling with various issues. Make effective referrals to support services such as housing, health, emotional, education, employment training, and basic supports.
• Engage youth in a trusting relationship that will provide them with empowerment tools. Engage youth as peer leaders and facilitators of information, identification and intervention.
• Create reports with statistical information.
• Work flexible hours & and provide own transportation.
• A Child and Youth Worker degree; or a degree in a related field with experience working with youth.
• Proven communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong computer skills.
• Conflict resolution and advocacy skills.
• Supervisory skills with youth.
• Record keeping skills.
• Facilitate workshops and meetings.
• Be able to take initiative and be self-directed within a busy work environment
• Monthly and Quarterly reports submitted to supervisor.
• Attend all meetings.
• Gather statistical data.
• Plan, schedule and promote youth, parents and community wide activities.
Criminal Record Check Requirement
The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check, including a vulnerable sector query, as a condition of employment.
Send resume to: Shirly Goldstein Berelowitz, JCC Director of Children & Youth
950 W. 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7
Phone: 604.257.5147or firstname.lastname@example.org
At the J
- Adult Programs
- Arts and Culture
- Children and Youth
- Preschools and Daycares
- Martial Arts
- Israeli Culture
- Isaac Waldman Library
- Jewish Book Festival
- Performing Arts Classes
- Sports Dinner
- BC Catering
- Inclusion Services
- Zack Gallery
- REGISTER for Programs
- The J Blog