JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTRE OF GREATER VANCOUVER
950 WEST 41ST AVENUE
VANCOUVER, BC V5Z 2N7
JCC Parent & Family Centre (PAFC) Coordinator
Hours: part-time 12-15 hours a week
Compensation: $18.00 - $20.00 an hour including vacation pay, plus use of the JCC recreational
facilities on work days
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Liaise with the community
• Supervise and deliver ongoing programming such as: parent participation programs, young families
• Jewish holidays family programing in conjunction with PJ library
• Form an advisory board for the Parent and Family Centre
• Coordinate an ongoing lecture series of specialists on parenting issues; Parent talks
• Coordinate the L’Mazel Tov program, a Personal Guide to Jewish Childbirth Education led by a
Vancouver health professional
• Create and implement new programs under the Parent and Family Centre umbrella
• Coordinate concert on the BC Family Statutory Holiday in February
• Produce all marketing materials in coordination with the JCC graphic artist
• Experience in early childhood education, family services or social work preferred
• Experience in programming with and for families with young children preferred
• Knowledge of Jewish culture and customs an asset
• Proven communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong computer skills
Position Start Date: September, 2014
Criminal Record Check Requirement
The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check, including a vulnerable sector
query, as a condition of employment.
Reports to: Director of Children, Youth and Camps
Send resumes to: Shirly Goldstein, Director of Children, Youth and Camps
950 W. 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7
Application Deadline: Friday, July 5, 2014
Only successful applicants will be notified
Registered Massage Therapist
The Fitness and Wellness Department at the Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver currently has an opening for a Registered Massage Therapist.
To provide registered massage therapy services at the JCC.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Provide professional massage therapy services and outstanding customer service
• Promote Wellness at the JCC
• Registered Massage Therapist with a recognized institution
• First Aid/CPR (preferred)
Experience & abilities:
This opportunity is ideal for an established RMT looking for a new location, or a motivated RMT looking to expand their practice.
We are looking for an enthusiastic RMT who is willing to put in the effort to grow the massage client base at the JCC alongside the Fitness Centre staff.
What We Offer
We have a cheerful work environment for you to treat your patients and grow your business. We will provide a booking system, billing, and laundry services.
The Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver is open to anyone and features a large modern recreation centre with aquatic centre, fitness centre, gymnasium, squash courts, dance studios and more. A membership director, Fitness director, Sports director and Aquatics director work collaboratively to promote massage services to the large membership base and Oakridge community.
Position Start Date: Immediately
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the JCC Fitness Director
Subject line: registered massage therapist
Pro-Shop Attendant (part-time)
The Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver (JCCGV) was first established in 1928. Since its inception, it has been providing social, recreational, educational and cultural services to the Jewish and General Community of the Lower Mainland of Vancouver.
With a staff of over 100, and some 4000 members, we are the leader in the provision of services and programs for people of all ages and abilities. Our rapidly expanding community centre is seeking to fill the position of Proshop Attendant (Part Time).
The Proshop Attendant is a high-level customer-service position that assists in the upkeep of the Men’s and Women’s Health Spas, sales of sundries; welcoming individuals to the JCCGV and monitoring security within the recreation wing.
Member Service Associate Responsibilities:
- Report to the Proshop Manager and liaise with the Membership Director, Building Manager and Manager-On-Call.
- Monitor individuals entering the recreation wing – ensuring the appropriate people are entering the recreation wing; screening potential security issues and reporting any concerns that come up to the appropriate management or taking any necessary emergency measures necessary.
- Greet and assist members and visitors with any queries they may have.
- Exhibit excellence in all areas of Proshop services
o Ensure both Men’s & Women’s Spas are well stocked with towels, creams, lotions and sundries at all times. Keep rooms neat & tidy.
o Laundering and folding of towels and sheets.
o Monitor members’ activity through the Recreation Wing via the Access system.
o Greet non-members who are attending JCC programming.
o Ensure the lost and found is kept neat and orderly
o Sign out all radios and keys to instructors and maintenance staff.
o Work closely with the Membership team
o Point of sale
o Racquet court bookings
- Know all JCCGV member functions, programs and related activities, and the locations they are held in.
- Maintain a neat and presentable work location and ensure updated materials are available
- In depth knowledge of and adherence to emergency procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication/liaison skills with staff and membership: mature, professional, polished, diplomatic
- Intermediate computer skills (full knowledge of Windows operating system, MS Word, Outlook, Excel, CRM data base etc.)
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills are essential
- Customer service and telephone experience.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including evenings or Sundays as scheduled or as required by the Proshop Manager or Membership Director
- Friendly and courteous
- Multi task oriented person
- Dependable & punctual
- Maintain professional appearance & behaviour.
- Sensitivity and appreciation of Jewish culture and the history of the Jewish people.
- Must be willing to work various shifts including weekends and holidays.
Please send your resume to the attention of Daniel Pulvers: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the J
- Adult Programs
- Arts and Culture
- Preschools and Daycares
- Children and Youth
- Fitness & Wellness
- Israeli Programs
- Isaac Waldman Library
- Jewish Book Festival
- Performing Arts Classes
- Sports Dinner
- Bagel Club Catering
- Special Needs
- Zack Gallery
- By Age
- By Day
- By Subject
- Program Registration Form