JCC Aquatics Pool Re-Opening Guidelines & FAQs
- Swimming by reserved appointments / for JCC members only
- Both the LAP POOL (for lane swimmers) and the WARM POOL (for family swim) will be available
- 1 person (or couple/family) per lane
The following rules/protocols, in addition to the Jewish Community Centre’s Policies will be strictly enforced. Members who do not follow the rules will not be permitted access to the JCC, and/or will be asked to leave immediately. Member and staff safety is paramount: your cooperation is necessary and appreciated.
Booking Procedures ADULTS:
- Reservation mandatory through jccgv.com
- Swim time is a maximum of 60min with an additional 15 minutes to change and exit the facility
- Bookings can be made up to 72 hours in advance
- Members may pre-book upto 3 sessions per week
- Additional or Last minute bookings can be made the same day if a spot remains available
- No guests permitted
- No drop-ins
Booking Procedures UNDER 19 years:
- Ages 13-18 may swim alone, but must email the Booking team to request a lane reservation email@example.com
- Ages 7-12 must be supervised by a parent or guardian (16 yrs or older) in the water or on the pool deck, but must email the Booking team to request a reservation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families with children 6 and under may reserve one lane or section of the warm pool for their own use under a parent’s name. Children must be within arms-reach of a parent in the water at all times in and around the water
- Prior to arriving for pool reservation, a completed Waiver for each minor must be emailed to booking team signed by the Parent/Guardian prior to the reservation being confirmed
- Cancellations must be made at least 8 hours prior to booking time
- If cancelling within 8 hours please email email@example.com. A $15 cancellation fee will be applied to your account
- Individuals who do not keep their reservations, and neglect to cancel, will incur a $25 fee. EXCEPT: fee will be waived in case of a medical emergency, or if the individual cancelling or immediate family are experiencing COVID type symptoms – please be specific when you contact the JCC
Member Check-In/ Front Door Entry:
- Please arrive approximately 5-10 minutes prior to scheduled swim to allow adequate time to enter the building
- Additional time will not be given if participants are late
- Early access into the changerooms/ pool area will not be permitted
- A member whose name does not appear on a booking will not be permitted onsite
- Check-in is required upon arrival with security where every person will be asked a series of health-related questions prior to receiving access to the JCC
- Members will required to scan Member ID
- Access to the Aquatic Center will be as normal: past the Proshop, down the stairs, and though the Men’s and Women’s changerooms
Before Your Swim:
- We recommend that you arrive wearing your bathing suit in order to reduce time needed to change
- The changerooms have been divided with floor markings to allow each swimmer, or family unit, enough space to change and remain physical distant from others
- All personal belongings must be kept in the provided laundry basket. Baskets may be left in the changeroom, or brought onto the pool deck
- Lockers will not be available
- Prior to entry into the pool area all swimmers must take a cleansing shower with soap for at least 1 minute
- Washroom and sink will be available for handwashing
During Your Swim:
- Markings on the pool deck will be used to encourage physical distancing at the end of each lane.
- The basket with personal belongings maybe kept on the provided chair. Personal fins, paddles or other equipment etc. may be brought to the pool edge
- Snorkels are not allowed at this time
- Shared pool equipment such as noodles or foam barbells will not be available
- We recommend you fill a water bottle at home. However, paper drinking cups for the fountain will be available
After Your Swim:
- At the end of the reserved time swimmers will be asked to leave the pool deck, so that cleaning can be done for the next users
- Swimmers will have 15 minutes in the change room to quickly rinse, (or ideally shower at home if you can), change, and exit the building
- Swimmers can safely exit the building using the same pathway as when entering: up the stairs, past the Proshop, and out the main entrance doors
- Lifeguards and Maintenance staff will clean and disinfect between each group of users
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I drop in for a swim?
No, pre-reservations are mandatory.
2. Are guests permitted?
No, guests are not permitted at this time.
3. How many times a week can I have access to the Pool?
Members are permitted to make a reservation for the pool up to 3 times per week. Additional same day reservations may be possible, subject to availability.
4. Will there be first aid onsite?
Yes, first aid will be onsite during opening hours
5. What facilities (washrooms/showers) will be available?
Pool users will have access to washrooms and showers prior to entering the pool and before going home.
6. Will the Spa changerooms be available?
No, at this time we are not able to open the Spa changeroom amenities.
7. Will the Hot Tub be available?
Yes! The deck Hot Tub will be open for maximum 2 people, at the lifeguards’ discretion. Please keep your soaks to no more than 10 minutes.
8. Will there be towel service?
No, towels will not be available. Please bring your own.
9. What if I see a member not following the JCC social distancing rules?
Members not following social/physical distancing rules will be asked to leave the J immediately. Please let staff know if Members are not abiding by the rules.
10. What cleaning products is the JCC using to disinfect high touch point areas?
The disinfectants used in the facility are Envirosolutions es64 and Eco lab general purpose disinfectant. Es64 will be used in the fitness and common areas. Ecolab will be used in the change rooms/spas and on pool deck. Both are certified with health Canada to kill COVID.
11. What about air quality?
In the Pool Area the HVAC system, along with open doors will provide ample fresh air flow as well as reduce humidity based on guidelines set from Vancouver Coastal Health.
12. Do I have to be right on time for the start of my booking time slot?
We encourage members to come at the start of their booking time slot to take advantage of time. Time will NOT be extended if you are late.
13. I am unfamiliar with the JCC online booking system, where can I find more information?
Please visit Book Your Session web page for instructions and “How To” video. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org