NON-MEMBERS registering for JCC programs will be charged an annual fee of $18+gst.
The JCC is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members, visitors and staff. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs and abide by the following policies:
- All persons shall enter the JCC and Early Childhood Centre in an authorized manner (i.e. Swipe card or buzzed in).
- Children under the age 12 must be supervised at all times by a parent/guardian when not attending a registered program.
- The JCC is a multi-use facility; attire appropriate to the activity is required.
- All people using the JCC are expected to adhere to the posted schedules for usage of our facilities including the gym, public areas, pools, fitness centre, etc.
- All people using the JCC are expected to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of other members, guests, visitors and staff.
- Any suspicious or inappropriate behaviors shall be reported to the JCC Staff. JCC Staff are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify staff if assistance is needed.
- Packages or bags shall not be left unattended at any time. People shall report any unattended packages to the JCC Staff.
- People are only permitted to post fliers, posters and/or announcements on JCC bulletin boards with prior permission of our Front Office Staff.
- No one will engage in disruptive actions including but not limited to:
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name-calling or shouting;
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way;
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person;
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or menacing behavior;
- Theft or behavior that results in destruction of property;
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices or objects that may be perceived as weapons;
- The JCC and its property are smoke-free environments; and smoking is not permitted in or outside the JCC;
- Use or possession of illegal substances on JCC property, in JCC vehicles or JCC sponsored programs;
- Loitering on JCC property;
- Aiding or abetting in the unauthorized entrance of any person;
- Other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
The JCC, through its Executive Director, Manager on Call, and Board of Directors reserves the right to remove from the premises any individual acting in an inappropriate manner and further reserves the right for disciplinary actions including, but not limited to, the cancellation of membership.
All content of this site is copyrighted and may only be downloaded or copied with the consent of the Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver.
The JCC does not and will not sell, trade, or share a donor’s personal information with any other agency or entity. Donors may request not to have their names listed publicly.
Because JCCGV is a meeting place for Jews of all religious affiliations and practices, all food in the building must be kosher. Our cafe Nava Creative Kosher Cuisine is open Sunday – Friday serving a large selection of kosher home-made baked goods, Italian coffees, sandwiches and a variety of great cuisine.
Occasionally JCCGV staff / photographer may take photographs of participants to be used for publicity purposes. If you do not wish your photograph to appear in the JCCGV promotional materials, please let our photographer know.
What information we collect.
Through our online forms we collect contact information that may include name, e-mail address, address, phone number, interests, preferences and similar information.
How we use this information.
We use the collected information for program registration, to answer your questions, provide services, process donations or schedule appointments.
How we protect your personal information.
All information collected is encrypted and stored securely within our CRM and website. Credit card information is never stored. A tokenization system is used to protect payment information from internal and external threats.
Who has access to your information?
Any information collected is used by the JCC or JCC third party vendors to process registrations, donations or requests. We do not sell or share your information.
Links to other sites.
We provide links to other websites that we believe you will find useful. We ask you to recognize that the JCC is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
Use of “cookies”.
- A) Program schedules, prices and content are subject to change without notice. The JCC reserves the right to cancel or change programs dependent upon registration, availability of facilities, weather conditions or any other reason. If the JCC cancels, a full or pro-rated refund will be offered.
- B) You may withdraw from a program and receive a refund up to 4 business days before the start date of the program. A 10% administrative charge of the program fee will apply unless otherwise specified. Minimum $10.
- C) You may withdraw from a program within 3 business days after the program starts, but no later than the second class in order to receive a JCC Credit. NO REFUNDS. A 20% administrative charge of the program fee will apply unless otherwise specified. Minimum $20.
- D) No make-up classes or credits are offered for missed sessions. No refunds or credits will be offered after the second class, unless full withdrawal is necessary for a documented medical reason. There is a $15.00 charge for this service.
- E) Transfers between programs will be allowed subject to space, instructor availability and approval. There is a $10 administrative charge for this service.
- F) Some programs have non-refundable deposits and fees. Please refer to the specific withdrawal and refund policies of your program of interest.
The JCC uses appropriate procedures to ensure the security of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorized access. In particular, when we ask you to enter credit card information, we utilize a PCI compliant third-party processor. Your credit card information is not stored on our servers.
I give the JCCGV staff permission to act on my behalf in case of emergency and for the physician in attendance to hospitalize and secure proper treatment that may be needed for the person(s) registered. Participation in aquatics, sports, dance and/or any other recreational activity can result in physical injuries. The person(s) registered may participate in all the activities associated with the course(s) registered for and understands and freely assumes all such risks, both known and unknown, and assumes full responsibility for participation in these activities. The person(s) registered is participating in the JCCGV program upon the express agreement and understanding that they are waiving and releasing the JCCGV and its board members, employees, staff, contractors, agents, successors, and assigns (collectively referred to as the “JCCGV”) from any and all claims, cost, liabilities, expense or judgments, including legal fees and court costs arising (herein, collectively “claims”) that they have, or may have in the future, arising from the participation of the person(s) registered in any JCCGV programs, or any illness or injury resulting from such participation. The undersigned and the person(s) registered hereby further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the JCCGV from and against any and all such claims arising due to any cause whatsoever including negligence, breach of contract, breach of any statutory or other duty of care, on the part of the JCCGV. The undersigned and the person(s) registered further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the JCCGV from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from participation by the person(s) registered in these activities. I understand that photos may be taken of the person(s) registered, and may be used for publicity, including social media. JCCGV staff cannot assume responsibility for supervising children under 12 years of age who are not supervised by a parent/guardian when not attending a registered program. The JCCGV is not responsible for children left unattended before programs start or after they have finished. This agreement shall be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assignees, representatives, and guardians, in the event of my death or incapacitation. The registrant(s) must be 19 years or older to register online. If you are under 19 you must have a parent or legal guardian register you.
Please note new guidelines to help ensure the safety of your child:
Children under 12 should not be left unsupervised before or after programs. The JCCGV is not responsible for children left unattended before programs start or after they have finished. Parents/guardians are responsible for supervising their children.