Effective November 30 face masks will be mandatory for everyone five years of age and older in all areas of the JCC. This is an additional measure to supplement our current practices of hand washing, physical distancing, and cleaning protocols, and it is in line with BC Health Authority expectations .
This new policy includes areas which were previously exempt:
- Fitness Centre, Group Classes and shared Personal Training Studios – including while working out
- Washrooms and Change Rooms
- Pool Deck
We understand that it can be uncomfortable to wear a mask while working out, but this is the only way that each person in our facility can feel safe.
Please note: we do not recommend high-intensity exercise while wearing a mask.
Individuals are exempt from wearing face masks in the following cases:
- Persons with a medical condition, breathing or cognitive difficulties, or a disability that prevents them from wearing a mask or renders them unable to don a mask unassisted.
- Persons swimming in the pool.
- Persons consuming food or beverages while in a designated area as outlined in the JCC COVID-19 reopening plan.
- Children younger than five years old.
- Children attending JCC licensed childcare programs.
The JCC would like to thank you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate this “new normal.”