JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTRE OF GREATER VANCOUVER
950 WEST 41ST AVENUE
VANCOUVER, BC V5Z 2N7
JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTRE OF GREATER VANCOUVER
Annual Development Manager
FT Permanent (40 hrs/wk)
The Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver is seeking a full time fundraising professional who will play a key role in expanding fundraising efforts in a non-profit environment.
Reporting to the Executive Director the right candidate will have three to five years’ experience working in a development team setting and is ready to advance in their career. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience managing annual campaigns and can strategically plan fundraising initiatives related to individual and corporate donations, major gifts, sponsorships, grants and planned giving. The right person possesses strong oral and written communication skills and is at ease building relationships with key stakeholders. Experience using a fundraising database or customer relationship software is also required.
How to apply
If this position interests you and you have the required qualifications please review the full job description below and send a resume and cover letter outlining how your experience fits with the opportunity. Email your documents with a subject line “Annual Development Manager” to Susan Tonn at email@example.com by November 13, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate must clear a vulnerable sector criminal record check. We thank all applicants for their interest however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Full Job Description
Title of position: Annual Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
The Annual Development Manager will report to the Executive Director and will collaborate with the Board of Directors, staff and community to develop, oversee and implement fundraising strategies for the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement all fundraising activities such as individual and corporate donations, sponsorships, major gifts, planned giving, grants, etc. that will increase revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with existing and potential funding sources.
- Plan and implement ad hoc project fundraising as directed by the Executive Director
- Manage the donor recognition program
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure goals are met.
- Collaborate with various departments to develop specific fundraising strategies, research donors and support grant writing.
- Expand the current donor stewardship program.
- Collaborate with lay leaders to establish a committee chair(s) to lead the campaign.
- Develop concept and creative
- Manage annual campaign donor list for initial contact, acknowledgement and statistical information.
- Produce campaign marketing materials in collaboration with marketing team which includes mail out, email appeals, social media, etc.
- Provide annual campaign updates to chair(s) to present at board meetings
- Manage all lists and oversee board tasks
Donor management software
- Oversee the integration of data from SpectrumNG to eTapestry.
- Once initial transition is complete, use eTapestry to manage donor processes (touches, donor history, relevant information, etc.).
JCC Sports Dinner
- Collaborate with event director and oversee all aspects of fundraising for the event.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the role such as running reports, creating lists, handwriting cards, and sending tax receipts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fundraising role with demonstrated experience managing annual campaigns and direct donor relations. Equivalent combination of experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties may be considered.
- Experience in a non-profit environment is preferred.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), facilitation and presentation skills
- Fluency with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge, eTapestry, etc.)
- Ability to keep confidential information secure.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
Registered Massage Therapist
The Fitness and Wellness department of the Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver is looking for a Registered Massage Therapist.
The individual who fills this role will be given exclusive access to JCC members and will work alongside Kinesiologists and Personal Trainers who refer their clients. There is currently a high demand from members for this service, and we expect whoever enters this role to become busy quite quickly.
You can earn $58.80-$80.50 per hour!
(Percentage split or open to discuss room rental)
The massage room is located within a multi-complex facility with members who join to participate in various programs. This will provide large interdepartmental referral opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide quality massage therapy services and outstanding customer service
- Promote the Wellness Centre at the JCC
- Registered Massage Therapist with a recognized institution
- First Aid/CPR (preferred)
Experience & abilities:
This opportunity is ideal for an established RMT looking for a new location, or a motivated RMT looking to expand their practice.
What’s in it for you?
- We have a friendly work environment of Personal Trainers and Kinesiologists to grow your business in,
- Mindbody booking system,
- Full receptionist who handles billing,
- Laundry services,
- Flexible scheduling,
- Personal training and membership discounts for you.
Position Start Date: Immediately
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the JCC Personal Training Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: registered massage therapist.
Thank you for your submission.
Kinesiologist / Personal Trainer
The Jewish Community Centre (JCC) is a vibrant and multi-cultural facility that features a modern Fitness and Wellness department. We offer a supportive environment for you to build your client base. Our members refer to the JCC as their second home and have embraced Fitness, Personal training, nutrition and massage as part of a holistic lifestyle. We are currently looking for experienced Personal Trainers who enjoy working in a community environment and have the following skills; and qualifications. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply
- Ability to work with a wide variety of clients
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with a desire to build a client base
- BCRPA Personal Training Registration (or equivalent)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Additional certifications/registrations an asset
Experience & abilities:
- Group classes and small group training experience an asset
- Experience in a customer service related industry
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Creative and critical thinking
- A minimum of 20 hours per week availability for personal training sessions.
- Additional Fitness Centre shift hours may be offered
Position Start Date: ASAP
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Subject line: Personal Trainer Position
Thank you for your submission, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver, 950 W. 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7; Phone: 604.257.5111
Regular— Part Time positions available
The Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver is currently recruiting enthusiastic Lesson Instructors and Lifeguards to join our professional Aquatics team.
Water Safety Instructor
National Lifeguard Service (Pool Option)
Standard First Aid (within 2 year)
CPR C / AED (within 1 year)
17 years old
Not certified? We can help!
Previous experience as a lifeguard / instructor
Previous experience working with children & youth
Previous experience as a First Aid Attendant
LSI and/or additional advanced certifications
BCRPA or CALA Aquafit certifiction
Candidates will be invited to attend a skills screening session where they will be asked to complete a variety of tasks, in and out of the water which will assess their suitability to join out Aquatics team. The JCC offers scholarships for candidates who need to be certified, contact us for details.
We will be looking for well rounded candidates who display strong skills in the areas of teamwork, communication, maturity, creativity, enthusiasm, instruction and swimming ability.
Please send a copy of your resume to:
Sarah Carlos: Aquatics Coordinator