JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTRE OF GREATER VANCOUVER
950 WEST 41ST AVENUE
VANCOUVER, BC V5Z 2N7
JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTRE OF GREATER VANCOUVER
JCC Performing Arts Coordinator
We are seeking a warm, friendly, enthusiastic individual with the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with children, parents, staff and volunteers. The primary function of this position is to coordinate and support the program and services associated with the Orr Vancouver Israeli Dance School and the Dena Wosk School of Performing Arts. The focus is to provide an excellent level of operational, administrative and communications coordination and support for all performing arts programs at the JCC. Work schedule includes Sundays during the school year.
Hours: 30 hours per week – 4 days per week
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provide an excellent level of operational, administrative, and communications support for performing arts classes, in the four streams: dance, Israeli dance, theatre and music, as well as act as a liaison for parents, students and instructors.
- Supervise Israeli dance staff within approved budget guidelines and following established policies and procedures.
- Take part in the registration process and work to respond to external enquiries, registrations and related communication.
- Coordinate teachers’ costume designs and the buying or ordering of the actual costumes for the year-end shows and dance competitions. Care for and maintain all dance supplies, costumes and equipment.
- Take an active role in representing the JCC Israeli dance program throughout the community and develop relationships with schools and other agencies.
- Work cooperatively with the school systems and synagogues to secure needed multi-purpose rooms.
- Coordinate and facilitate out of town groups.
- Prepare and submit materials for JCC Program Guide and Registration System.
- Staff Orr Vancouver School of Israeli Dance Committee.
- Assist with fundraising activities.
- Assist in creating the publicity for the department, create and implement a social media strategy
- Implement scheduling and financial coordination for the School of Music.
- Assist in the planning and producing of the Year-End dance shows and the Music recital, liaise with the technical and production crew.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities, ability to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written
- Provide an exceptional standard of customer service
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, energetic and proactive team player that interfaces well at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft, Excel etc.
- Time flexibility – some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Strong knowledge of all Social Media platforms
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and customs an asset
- Two years’ experience in a coordinator role is required
Must pass criminal background check.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter and resume by Friday, November 9, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Position Start Date: November 13, 2018 (or as soon as possible after that)
Susan Tonn, Director of Operations
950 W. 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7
Kinesiologist / Personal Trainer
The Jewish Community Centre (JCC) is a vibrant and multi-cultural facility that features a modern Fitness and Wellness department. We offer a supportive environment for you to build your client base. Our members refer to the JCC as their second home and have embraced Fitness, Personal training, nutrition and massage as part of a holistic lifestyle. We are currently looking for experienced Personal Trainers who enjoy working in a community environment and have the following skills; and qualifications. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply
- Ability to work with a wide variety of clients
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with a desire to build a client base
- BCRPA Personal Training Registration (or equivalent)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Additional certifications/registrations an asset
Experience & abilities:
- Group classes and small group training experience an asset
- Experience in a customer service related industry
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Creative and critical thinking
- A minimum of 20 hours per week availability for personal training sessions.
- Additional Fitness Centre shift hours may be offered
Position Start Date: ASAP
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Subject line: Personal Trainer Position
Thank you for your submission, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver, 950 W. 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7; Phone: 604.257.5111
Part Time Members & Guest Service Associate
The primary function of this position is to be the first point of contact for JCC members, guests and program participants coming to the J. The Associate will provide optimal customer service that assists in all facets of member services.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
● Meet, greet and assist members and guests with any queries they may have in a congenial and professional manner.
● Provide facility tours to potential new members.
● Answer phone calls and provide answers to general inquiries.
● Educate visitors about what the J has to offer for membership benefits and programs.
● Assist new members in completing membership applications; take their picture for their membership access card and provide parking decals.
● Assist the membership department in updating membership data including new members, renewals and adjustments.
● Work closely with the Membership Director to assist in any special projects.
● Prepare, collate and ensure monthly membership renewals are completed.
● Learn and know all JCC member functions, programs and related activities.
● General knowledge of and adherence to emergency procedures.
● Maintain a neat and presentable work station.
● Monitor individuals entering the building – screening potential security issues.
● Make eye contact with each person, welcoming them and asking them what brings them to the J.
● Monitor members’ activity throughout the building via the Control Access System.
● Strong interpersonal skills including patience, positive attitude and enthusiasm.
● Excellent communication/liaison skills with staff and membership; mature, professional, polished and diplomatic.
● Intermediate/Advanced computer skills such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Database Management Programs.
● Excellent English oral and written communication skills are essential; Hebrew an asset.
● Background in customer service and hospitality.
● Multi-task oriented.
● Sensitive and appreciation of Jewish culture and customs.
Member and Guest Services Supervisor
Please email your resume to Sue Conder – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your submission, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Inclusion Services Catering Program Instructor
Position Summary: The catering program instructor will provide baking and cooking instruction to participants of the Bagel Club catering program. This program is a social enterprise that provides training and employment opportunities to individuals with diverse needs.
Hours: Part time
Key Areas of Responsibility:
– Work closely together with Inclusion services coordinator to implement training plans and goals for participant.
– Schedule training
– Maintain accurate inventory of products required in the kitchen including food items.
-Other duties as assigned by Inclusion Services Coordinator
Strong interpersonal skills including patience, positive attitude and enthusiasm.
· Specialty in baking or culinary arts with strong presentation and instructional skills
· Education in social service, special education or culinary arts preferred, equivalent
amount of work experience in the field and good knowledge of the food preparation industry considered.
· Experience in a community social services setting in employment or volunteer capacity.
· Knowledge of Jewish culture and customs an asset
· Proven communication skills, both oral and written
Other work requirements:
Current First Aid/ CPR
Criminal Record Check
Valid Food Safe Certificate
-Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
-Mental Health First Aid
-ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
Criminal Record Check Requirement
The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check, including a vulnerable sector query, as a condition of employment.
Send resume with cover letter to: Leamore Cohen, JCC Coordinator of Inclusion Services, 950 W. 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7. Phone: 604.638.7288 ext.335
604.257.5147 E-mail: email@example.com